Challenge yourself and your dog to a Crossfit style fitness competition!
New this year, BHS is partnering with TrailBlazers and CrossFit VCP to bring you a fun challenge opportunity! DogFit will challenge both owners and their dogs in the three core areas of CrossFit- Strength, Endurance, and Agility.
By registering for DogFit, you and your dog will receive CrossFit training from a certified instructor. All workouts customized to be done on your own and/or with your dog! Participants of DogFit who learn the course will have an opportunity to qualify to compete for prizes at Bidwell Bark!
How It Works:
- Register for Bidwell Bark and select the DogFit registration to get signed up! Everyone will receive an awesome Crossfit shirt.
Already registered for Bidwell Bark? You can still sign-up for DogFit here!
- Attend all the Training Sessions to learn about the workouts & qualify for the competition:
–August 1st – Upper Park at Wildwood Park 9am-10am
–August 15th – Lower Park at Sycamore Field 9am-10am
–August 29th – Degarmo 9am-10am
- The competition will be narrowed down to the top 12 qualifiers and will compete the day of Bidwell Bark!
- Prizes for the Top 3 winners!
The workouts are 2 minutes each and the dogs will be on leash at all times.
- Endurance – It is a two minute shuttle run. The human-dog team will repeat that sequence for two min and each time the human touches the ground to gain a point.
- Agility – It is going to be two minutes of burpee wall jumps. With an adjustable mini wall set up, the human dog team will jump over the wall, the human will lay down on the ground chest, hips and toes in contact to earn one point. If both human and dog lay down they will earn two points.
- Best Dog Trick – This one’s for the dogs, the best dog trick your pup can do in front of the excited crowd!