TERMS & WAIVER
By accepting this waiver:
- I understand that I (and accompanying dogs and children if applicable) may be photographed or recorded by Butte Humane Society (BHS) and its sponsors at this event, and these images or video may be used for promotional purposes with no liability or obligation to me.
- I understand that participating in Butte Humane Society’s Bidwell Bark on May 16, 2020 (“Event”) includes inherent dangers and elements of risk which may or may not be foreseeable including without limitation, personal injury, property damage, or death.
- I acknowledge that this is an athletic event and as such, carries potential for serious injury, death, and / or property loss.
- I certify that I, my minor children and my dog(s) are physically able and properly trained to participate in the Event and have not been advised by a physician not to participate in this type of physical activity.
- I agree to abide by any decision of Event official(s) relative to participation in the Event and further agree that Event official(s) may authorize necessary emergency treatment for me, my minor children or my dog(s).
- I hereby assume any and all of the risks associate with participating in the Event including, but not limited to illness, traveling to and from the Event, falls, contact with spectators, other participants or dogs, the effects of weather, equipment, vehicular traffic, and the surface condition of the roads and sidewalks.
- I realize that liability may arise from negligence on the part of persons or entities being released; from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned or controlled by them or a claim which arises without fault.
- I also affirm that the dog(s) I will be participating with have current Parvo and rabies vaccinations and will be secured on a leash at all times.
- In consideration of my participation in the Event I, hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, administrations, successors, and assigns or anyone else who might claim on my, or my minor children’s behalf hereby take the following actions:
- Waive, release, and discharge from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage or theft or actions of any kind which may accrue during or when traveling to or from the Event (collectively “Claims”) the following: Butte Humane Society, the City of Chico, Event officials, volunteers, and any and all other sponsors, agents, independent contractors, employees, and representatives (“Released Parties”).
- Indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all third party liabilities or claims as a result of any of my actions during or related to the Event.
- I understand and agree that BHS and any sponsor (or their assigns) may subsequently use, for publicity or promotional purposes, my name, information, image or likeness, in any media, without liability or obligation to me.
- I understand I must sign a liability release in order to participate in the run or walk portion of Bidwell Bark. Participants under the age of 18 must have a liability release signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate in the run or walk portion of Bidwell Bark.